[development] Update.php re-design

Kyle Cunningham kyle at codeincarnate.com
Mon Mar 2 16:56:37 UTC 2009

Nabil Alsharif wrote:
> Great. This is going to be my first contribution to drupal and I don't
> know what the process for submitting such changes is. Do I open an issue
> and attach patches? Or do I have to sign up for a cvs account and commit
> via cvs?
With this you generally open a new issue (or multiple issues) and with
each issue have a patch at the ready.  It's up to you to decide how fine
grained you want it to be.  But generally smaller patches are better
(they are easier to review).

> Would it be better to submit (patches or commit) partial but working
> changes, or should I wait until it's all done and then submit one big
> change?
If you can I would suggest trying to make the changes incremental and
submitting them over a period of time, with newer patches building on
the older ones.  Open them in separate issues, you can reference the
older issue number in the new issue (e.g. Building on #123456 this
patch...).  It depends on the code in question (sometimes this just
isn't possible), but generally smaller is better.

Best,
Kyle Cunningham