[development] Update.php re-design

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Mon Mar 2 17:29:01 UTC 2009

If we refactor this properly to be UI independent it will open the door to
things like
using Debian's APT for updates! That would be awesome.

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 11:16 AM, Nabil Alsharif <nabil at gobrighttree.com>wrote:

> Great. This is going to be my first contribution to drupal and I don't
> know what the process for submitting such changes is. Do I open an issue
> and attach patches? Or do I have to sign up for a cvs account and commit
> via cvs?

For core, it is always via patches and issues.

> Would it be better to submit (patches or commit) partial but working
> changes, or should I wait until it's all done and then submit one big
> change?

Depends on if you want to get feedback early or feel you have a solid
approach that is working.

I would say since this is your first attempt at core contributions, submit
partial stuff to get feedback. The process can be slow and may dishearten
the newbies at first. But if you persist, things will get done.
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.