[development] Need help to build module to create content and user at the same time

james rubinstein rubinstein.james at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 22:08:38 UTC 2009

Hello all,
I'm a bit new to this whole development thing, so please forgive me if
I screw this up :)

What I'd like to do is create a module that would allow the creation
of content and a user at the same time.
Basically, the reason for this module is for an operator to take a
classified ad listing over the phone.
The operator would then enter the User's email address.
The System would look up the email and if the email exists, then the
authorship would be assigned to the User with that email address.
If there is not already a user with that email address, the User will
be created, and  the login instructions will be emailed to him.

I hope that is clear. I created a support request that has a bit more
detail here:

http://drupal.org/node/391188

I was really hoping that something like this already existed, but I
have not found anything that does this yet.
If there is something already available, please let me know.

Otherwise, would anyone be interested in partnering with me to form
this module.

I have 0 Drupal module coding experience; I am a usability guy by
training. So if I can contribute in that way....

Thank you very much.
Please let me know if you are interested in helping.

James