[development] Drupal 7 "When it's Ready"

Paolo Mainardi paolomainardi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 23:03:41 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 11:47 PM, Gerhard Killesreiter <
gerhard at killesreiter.de> wrote:

> Paolo Mainardi schrieb:
> > On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 11:10 PM, Chris Johnson <cxjohnson at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >>  But the API changes
> >> are vast in Drupal 7.  Be aware and forewarned so as to consider the
> >> release date question with the proper perspective.
> >>

> > I agree, but we must think to a soft of "compatibility API", i think that
> is
> > impossible to rewrite the world to every new Drupal release.
>
> I take it you are new to Drupal development?

Yes, i don't have contribute never to Drupal core, but i work on drupal
development from a lot of time, and i've released some contribution, but
this is not the point.

> We get this suggestion every time a similar discussion comes up.
> Luckily, every time the anser is: No.

Sorry but i don't understand, why "luckily" the answer every time is no ?

Pretty much, yes. A full compatibility layer would like affect
> performance big time and a less intrusive version is probably not worth
> anybody's time to write.

But D7 not will be a less intrusive version, this is the point.