[development] How to port modules? was: Drupal 7 "When it's Ready"

Matt Farina matt at mattfarina.com
Thu Mar 5 12:16:48 UTC 2009

On the documentation side of updating there is http://drupal.org/
update. If you are talking about modules see http://drupal.org/update/modules
.

Also note that, a number of module maintainers (for widely used
projects) have openly said they would like to release versions of
their modules when drupal 7 is released.

Dries, also, said that releasing drupal 6 without drupal.org being
updated to it was a mistake he doesn't want to see happen again.

I would be careful about trying to legislate anything. Let's see how
the community responds. It might be good to get a movement of
maintainers to update their modules for drupal 7 when a good time
comes for that (like after the code freeze). I think that would be
better received and more likely to make a difference.