[development] How to clear database after a regular interval

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Sat Mar 7 19:01:50 UTC 2009

On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 1:55 PM, Arancaytar Ilyaran <
arancaytar.ilyaran at gmail.com> wrote:

> Depends on what exactly you want to clear. If you just need to empty the
> user/node tables or reset the site theme, it's fairly straight-forward -
> just
> put a few "DELETE" statements in the hook_cron implementation.

If you take this approach, and you use MySQL like most Drupal sites do, then
use TRUNCATE on the tables. It is much faster and less resource intensive.
Would not matter if you only have a small amount of data, but will matter
for larger amounts.

--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.