[development] An alternative to common thinking in 5->6 migration

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Mon Mar 9 17:41:51 UTC 2009

Marcel

This is not personal. Please understand why many see this the way they see
it.

Every six months, we get the same arguments and we have long running threads
to something that was hashed out before many times.

So, don't be offended. This list is normally low traffic and these discusses
just get to some.

My advice: jump in and contribute, review patches, get immersed. And most
importantly: Persevere.

Then revisit this issue in a year, and see if you changed your mind about
how the community and open source works.

--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.