[development] Duplicated modules

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Tue Mar 10 22:14:46 UTC 2009

Hi,

OK all you wiseasses, now you pissed me off enough to bring these
issues into wider public, so tell me what to do in these situations.

1) There is a Drupal module, older than my boots, gets a much needed
rewrite by two guys. Comes a third one, and he is, of course, welcome
to the party. There is a discussion of what we do and what we not to
do. Come next day, said third guy does what we all three agreed not
do. Following a debate, he packs his toys and starts a new project.
Said third guy contributes heavily to Drupal project for extremely
long but quality and quantity does not always correlate.

2) I hand off privatemsg to another maintainer. He wants to go in a
direction which neither me nor someone else even higher in the Drupal
hierarchy agrees with. We all three come to a happy conclusion and the
new maintainer does not go there. Time passes, and another guy,
notorious for starting a parallel project, does exactly the thing we
agreed on not to do and despite he says it was just experiment with
the new Drupal 6 code, the project lives on.

NK

PS. the project moderation queue would undo Drupal because people
would take their not-accepted projects off site. php nuke follows.
PS2. 'mob rule' applied to code does not work. Your precious
drupalmodules.com which I opposed from day one is an excellent
example. captcha rated #2 , cck and views not even in #10, give me a
break, this is broken,.