[development] Duplicated modules

Domenic Santangelo domenic at workhabit.com
Tue Mar 10 22:37:14 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 3:14 PM, Karoly Negyesi <karoly at negyesi.net> wrote:
> so tell me what to do in these situations.
> 1) There is a Drupal module....he packs his toys and starts a new project

So he started his own project, so what. Move on.

> 2) I hand off privatemsg to another maintainer...

Your responsibility is over, move on. If you wanted to decide how it
was run, you shouldn't have given it up :)

> someone else even higher in the Drupal hierarchy
lolwat?

> Time passes, and another guy,
> notorious for starting a parallel project, does exactly the thing we
> agreed on not to do and despite he says it was just experiment with
> the new Drupal 6 code, the project lives on.

Don't see a big deal here...

This circles allllll the way back to what I said a few days ago --
there are modules that are "holy crap, can't live without (cck,
views...)" and the rest are handy if you happen to need them. The Holy
Crap modules are well maintained and the rest are all over the
spectrum. So maybe we need a way to call out "Drupal Seal of Approval"
on the "Good" ones (sort of like Nintendo games) In fact, let's do
that and charge $150 or something to get reviewed for the seal. Plenty
of trusted devs will vet a module for $150.

-D