[development] Duplicated modules

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Tue Mar 10 22:42:25 UTC 2009

----- Start Original Message -----
Sent: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 15:37:14 -0700
From: Domenic Santangelo <domenic at workhabit.com>
To: development at drupal.org
Subject: Re: [development] Duplicated modules

> On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 3:14 PM, Karoly Negyesi <karoly at negyesi.net> wrote:
> > so tell me what to do in these situations.
> > 1) There is a Drupal module....he packs his toys and starts a new project
>
> So he started his own project, so what. Move on.

Aye and then I hear until eternity that why does subscriptions and notifications exist. I do not know whether I was right. I wish I knew! I dont. I love when I can code whatever I want because people review it and then someone else makes the decisions. I hate making decisions and living with the responsibility. And even so sometimes we err -- db_rewrite_sql, I look at you... (gone in D7, thanks god)

> > Time passes, and another guy,
> > notorious for starting a parallel project, does exactly the thing we
> > agreed on not to do and despite he says it was just experiment with
> > the new Drupal 6 code, the project lives on.
>
> Don't see a big deal here...

I would not either if people would not write so passionately against module duplication...