[development] Duplicated modules

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Mar 11 12:28:41 UTC 2009

Quoting Martin Tomes <martin at tomes.org.uk>:

> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 4:59 AM, Dmitri Gaskin <dmitrig01 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> That would be good, unless we don't have ratings for modules, so no one
>> knows what's good.
>>

> A count of how many sites use that module would be very helpful indeed, I
> have downloaded modules and then discarded them so download count isn't very
> helpful. I know there are ethical issues with this, but the update module
> knows what is in use and given a site owners permission could log that on
> drupal.org.

The update module has no idea how many production sites are using a
module.  I for one disable the module for production sites.  There are
others that do the same.  Then there are the development sites that try
out the module and may never use them.  How is that different from the
download count?

The download count is just a measure of how many looked at the
possibility of using the module.  And then their are the stupid noobs
(me included) who download modules just for the hell of it, try it out
and then toss it aside.  It was a learning process to discover what
Drupal is about.

--
Earnie  http://r-feed.com
  Make a Drupal difference and review core patches.

-- http://for-my-kids.com/  -- http://www.4offer.biz/