[development] Duplicated modules

As If Productions everyone at asifproductions.com
Wed Mar 11 13:41:15 UTC 2009

At 05:45 AM 3/11/2009, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo wrote:
>What I'd find useful would be
>- better categorisation system and better search system on categories

Big +1 on that.

>- a flag to check if a module provides an API or is just an application
>- an activity index (average lines of code changed/time)
>- a issue queue index

Regular +1 on those.

>Maybe we could let people (other than the maintainers) to
>"categorise" the project.

Best idea I've heard yet.  Ivan, I want to have a beer with you.

>I really don't see duplication as a problem.

Ditto.  In fact I appreciate it.  It's finding the one you need that
is the problem.  The way I see it, this problem requires a
taxonomical/navigational solution, not a paradigm shift in
methodology.  It would have to be an ongoing task/project in its own
right, but IMHO it's one that could easily be supported by
less-than-hardcore developers.

LVX
TF

---
As If Productions
http://www.asifproductions.com
Interactive Worlds and Immersive Obsessions