[development] Announcing DRUPAL-7-0-UNSTABLE-6

Robert Douglass rob at robshouse.net
Fri Mar 20 10:04:05 UTC 2009

> - The new database system (DBTNG) now supports pager and tablesort
> queries via "extenders," which means that we can now work on
> converting pretty much all of Drupal core queries to DBTNG. Feel
> free to pick off an issue from http://drupal.org/project/issues/3060/term/131
>  if you'd like to get a head start on learning this essential part
> of Drupal.

Can these extenders be used to make pagers that *DON'T* do a pager
query, but just go to the next chunk until there isn't any? The reason
I ask is that the current pager system barfs with millions of nodes.
Queries like "SELECT COUNT(*) FROM node WHERE status = 1 AND promoted
= 1" take enormous amounts of time to execute with millions of nodes,
but are a part of every q=node front page. There are other examples.