[development] Announcing DRUPAL-7-0-UNSTABLE-6

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Fri Mar 20 12:10:26 UTC 2009

Yes, the extender system allows for mini pagers and such which can
have better performance and fewer features. Here is a great article
describing some techniques:
http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2008/09/24/four-ways-to-optimize-paginated-displays/.

As for your specific example of the front page query, an alternate
approach for such a site is to swap in a materialized view -
http://drupal.org/project/materialized_view (no code in CVS yet)