[development] remove or give priority to hook_node_grants

Scott Reynolds sdrreynolds at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 15:42:32 UTC 2009

Was actually thinking about this the other day. I feel its a lil silly to
have modules provide the priority for access control. I would really love to
develop a drag and drop weight interface for the priority settings.
Essentially, develop a node_access interface that assigns the priority for
all node_access modules exposed currently.

Wondering if theres any traction in that idea, and if so I can start hashing
it out.

> You no longer need to fiddle with priorities when overriding OG
> records -
> http://cvs.drupal.org/viewvc.py/drupal/contributions/modules/og/modules/og_access/og_access.module?r1=1.29&r2=1.30
> .
>
> There is currently no hook for adjusting grants.
>
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 7:26 AM, Llu?s <enboig at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am developing a module to create "sub user types" inside OG.
> > I have been able to modify hook_node_access_records using the
> > "priority" so in certain cases I override OG access system.
> >
> > Now I need to "override" the hook_node_grants so In certain cases a
> > user who should be able to see certain nodes don't see them; how can I
> > achieve this?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > --
> > *La vida ?s com una taronja, que esperes a exprimir-la?
> > *Si creus que l'educaci? ?s cara, prova la ignor?ncia.
> > *La vida ?s com una moneda, la pots gastar en el que vulguis per?
> > nom?s una vegada.
> > *Abans d'imprimir aquest missatge, pensa en el medi ambient.
> >

> --
Scott Reynolds
Cell: 630-254-2474
http://www.scottreynolds.us