[development] Issue queue links from project pages?

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Thu May 7 00:19:53 UTC 2009

On May 6, 2009, at 1:36 PM, Margie Roswell wrote:

> I'm not getting it. The issues block disappears when you're actually
> in the issue queue.

If you already drilled down to the issue queue, why do you still need
the summary blocks?

> Can the Issues and Recent Issues blocks be made to display when
> we're actually in the issue queue?

A) Seems like a huge waste of screen real estate.  I'd rather there
were no blocks on the issue queue pages, frankly.

B) That's technically hard because the view isn't registering itself
in the menu system in such a way that menu_get_object() can find the
$project context so that the block knows this is a page associated
with a given project.  (Sorry if that doesn't make sense, see http://drupal.org/node/431726
  for a little background if that helps).  We *could* hard-code some
hacks into the block to still sort of make this work, but it'd be
ugly, and IMHO not worth it, especially since I don't want these
blocks (any blocks, really) to show up on the issue queue pages...

-Derek (dww)