[development] Issue queue links from project pages?

Michael Favia michael at favias.org
Thu May 7 17:01:01 UTC 2009

Derek Wright wrote:
> However, the point of the maintainers block isn't necessarily to
> provide links people click on, but text people read.  And data about
> how many maintainers, who they are, and how active they are is
> important information for assessing the health of a project.
Project statistics are useful  to us but most users dont care about
them. Additionally, the only time I look up project maintainers is when
I initially review a module for usefulness and when I have a nontrivial
patch to submit and would like direction on its implementation for
acceptance. Any other highlighting of the maintainers on the project
page will just result in additional private messaging before submitting
issues in my opinion. I don't know anyone who wants that ;). That said
it IS very important to highlight the great work and who's doing it. But
i think that is better done on the users page where it wont get them the
bad kind of attention and they can still show prospective clients
employers. -mf