[development] Menu Node API

Ken Rickard agentrickard at gmail.com
Fri May 8 14:49:05 UTC 2009

We had a client who wanted the site's menu system to be used as the
sole organizing principle. To allow editorial access based on menu
items, however, we had to figure out how to write JOINs from the
{menu_links} table to the {node} table, which is currently not
supported.

One result is the Menu Node API [1], which maintains a {menu_node}
table that can be used by modules (such as Views) to write JOIN
queries based on menu relationships.

My question to the list: Should this tracking feature by in core?

Please respond here:
  http://drupal.org/node/457450

--
Ken Rickard