[development] Drupal SU module anyone?

David Metzler metzlerd at metzlerd.com
Sat May 9 02:39:11 UTC 2009

I had another idea for a simple module that I'm considering
developing. I often get overwhelmed with drupal administration, and
have many sites where admin is shared.  Every time I add a module in
drupal I tediously enable all access  permissions for my "Admin"
role.  I began to think about the Linux sudo model, and thought this
might be cool for dupal. Users with "Become Admin" privilges could
switch to the "admin" user only.  This way I could largely see the
view that my content contributors do :).

Does this seem like a good thing?  Anyone know about duplication?
I'm aware of Devel, and Masquerade but I didn't feel the need for
that on the production sites, and I really don't want to expose the
"Become Any User" functionality (but maybe I'm being silly here).