[development] Issue queue links from project pages?

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Sat May 9 06:44:57 UTC 2009

On May 8, 2009, at 7:00 PM, Michelle Cox wrote:

> Could we possibly have the last 5 issues tagged XYZ where XYZ is
> some tag we all agree upon? Or use flag maybe? Trying to think of a
> way it could be done that wouldn't take more coding. The point being
> to highlight issues that the maintainer wants you to know about, not
> just the latest ones.

Interesting idea.  However, I believe that's more a job for the
forthcoming "Links" block:

http://infrastructure.drupal.org/drupal.org-style-guide/prototype/modules_detail.html
(scroll down -- on that mockup, it's currently on the bottom, though
the order of blocks on that page got changed)

Create "Links" block for project nodes
http://drupal.org/node/372027

Add a mechanism to store custom links per-project
http://drupal.org/node/425742

Again, as I understand it based on a brief conversation with Mark at
DCDC, these "recent x" blocks are just meant to give people a sense of
how much stuff is going on, not necessarily that people are expected
to get much work done via those blocks.

That said, I'd love Mark and/or Leisa to jump in and help me out
here. ;)

Cheers,
-Derek (dww)