[development] need a standard for contrib node build_mode constants

Chris Johnson cxjohnson at gmail.com
Tue May 19 17:33:47 UTC 2009

Maybe I'm missing something here, but it's just as possible to
accidentally re-use a string constant as a numeric constant.  How does
using a string help things at all?  Either the developer reads and
enumerates a list of all existing uses and avoids collision -- or does
not -- regardless of whether they are integers, strings, or ice cream
flavors.

Please educate me!

..chris