[development] Status update: WYSIWYG support in Drupal core

Dave Myburgh davemyb at gmail.com
Sat May 23 12:57:59 UTC 2009

> But even if you write fluiently html, adding a big piece of content with
> headers, lists, tables is really a lot more work without a WYSIWYG editor.

Exactly. I find the same thing, and I like using BUEditor for this kind of
thing. In fact, I try and push my clients to use BUEditor instead of FCK or
TinyMCE. This avoids the problems associated with people copying and pasting
from Word. Anyway, most people don't need all those icons in other editors,
all they really need is the basic ones in the default BUEditor install.
Plus, its easy to add new icons and functions if you want them.

Having something like this editor in core might be a better option, although
I am fine with keeping it as a contrib module.

Dave