[development] Status update: WYSIWYG support in Drupal core

andrew morton drewish at katherinehouse.com
Sun May 24 15:55:31 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 9:06 AM, Walt Daniels <wdlists at optonline.net> wrote:
> My sentiments, exactly! If the users can't use it without problems they will
> leave you site for one that is more user friendly. Without problems means
> whatever ugly hacks under the covers are needed to really strip Word junk.
> They don't understand the need to use paste from Word (in tinyMCE) and it
> gets it wrong fairly often.

One of the things that I found insanely frustrating with pasting from
Word was that depending on which browser you pasted it into you'd get
an entirely different DOM tree as a result. IE6 would end up with
something really broken while FF3 would actually handle it pretty
well. It added another agonizing level of complexity to the testing
process.

andrew