[development] PHP Standards Group

Alex Bronstein alex at craftyspace.com
Wed Nov 11 18:01:08 UTC 2009

+1 for one or more members of the Drupal community being involved in
developing these standards
+1 for Larry being one of these members
+1 for making a serious effort to adopt the standards that make sense
for Drupal (especially for D8)
+1 for not adopting the standards that don't make sense for Drupal
+1 for requiring PHP 5.3 for D8 (that's obviously not a community
decision yet, just me saying I'd support a GoPHP 5.3 project)
+1 for using real namespaces once PHP 5.3 is a requirement, and
following standards that support interoperability and prevent collision
with other frameworks (it is so presumptuous of us to have global
functions named url(), show(), hide(), etc., and we occasionally run
into problems because of the overloading of underscores and hyphens to
be pseudo-namespace delimiters and word separators).

Thanks so much, Larry. I'm glad you're involved.