[development] PHP Standards Group

Naheem Zaffar naheemzaffar at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 18:10:22 UTC 2009

2009/11/11 Alex Bronstein <alex at craftyspace.com>

> +1 for requiring PHP 5.3 for D8 (that's obviously not a community decision
> yet, just me saying I'd support a GoPHP 5.3 project)

-1 as it kind of involves abandoning a majority of the current user base.

Let's see how the 5.2 thing is handled first - the latest RHEL release is
still on 5.1.6 (with maybe patches that may or may not give it enough
functionality). If RHEL 6 does not get a move on, there could be many users
crying foul on the support forums, and this is with
what-I-assume-is-a-special-case ultra extended 2 year development cycle for
Drupal 7 instead of the previous 6 to 9 month cycles.