[development] CVS Approval Policy: was Re: new features in D6 core?

Ashraf Amayreh mistknight at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 12:08:56 UTC 2009

I suddenly got this (perhaps silly) idea of only allowing a CVS owner to
create one project and require approval by posting to the DEV list when
wishing to create another project rather than making this open for all CVS
owners. This would definitely help with the repetition problem and module
boom.

Posting to the DEV list should at least give other module developers and
people interested the opportunity to object to, agree or suggest
alternatives to the proposed module rather than suddenly finding a
useless/repetitive module springing up here and there because the developer
didn't know another one existed.

Suggestions? Flames? Thoughts?

AA

--