[development] PHP Standards Group

David Metzler metzlerd at metzlerd.com
Thu Nov 19 06:35:21 UTC 2009

Thanks Larry,

I don't really like the java-style mapping from namespace to filename
either.  Would prefer to see that not happen at all.... wonder what
the chances of that are....

ABSOLUTELY do not agree with treating the _ as a directory
separator.  Many languages do NOT do this (FLEX, etc).  Would really
be a pain in moving drupal in any OO directions as well. The deep
trees that are typical in java are not my friend.  I'd like to be
able to bundle things in flatter structures, if I can. The _
directory separator greatly impedes that effort.

I also don't really like the mandate of 1 class name per file name,
but I'll probably get overruled on that one, too.

Thanks for taking up the cause!

Dave