[development] Drupal Folder Structure

antgiant antgiant+drupalDevel at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 14:58:12 UTC 2009

I second this idea.  I've had to clean up several installs that had
all contrib modules installed in the /modules folder.  I even had someone so
confused that they copied the core modules into the sites/all/modules
folder.  I'm personally in favor of a very simple two folder structure at
the root level.  Something like do_not_touch (think core) and safe_to_edit
(think contrib or sites).  Then inside those folders could be our current
structure or even an improved one.
--
antgiant