[development] Drupal Folder Structure

Adam Gregory arcaneadam at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 14:59:30 UTC 2009

I would agree. It's not incredibly apparent to a new user that they need to
create different modules and theme directories in the various sites folders
when they install Drupal. If we are trying to advance the project to the
next level then this should definitely be something we look at. I think Kens
idea of creating /core/modules and /core/themes is a good idea. In addition
why not just remove the sites/all folder and by default use /themes and
/modules as the equivalent of /sites/all. That's more intuitive to someone
who has no idea about Drupals multisite capabilities. I think that would
make it easier for first time users to set up and use Drupal, which is one
of our objectives for making Drupal the best CMS out there.

-----
Adam A. Gregory
Blog: AdamAGregory.com
Twitter: twitter.com/adamgregory