[development] Drupal Folder Structure

Dave Reid dave at davereid.net
Thu Nov 19 15:05:09 UTC 2009

If we move sites/all/modules to /modules people are never going to realize
they can do sites/mysite.com/modules. Then it doesn't also fit into the
standard paths for other things like sites/all/libraries and
sites/all/images, etc. In all honesty people are going to not read
documentation and hunt for where to install their modules. People will still
find /core/modules and put contrib modules there anyway. How this is solved
is via the new module install interface in D7 and being able to select
modules to include when downloading from drupal.org so it automatically
packages things correctly.

Dave Reid
dave at davereid.net