[development] GPL 2 violation by integrationservic.es

Scott Hadfield hadsie at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 16:48:27 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 6:11 PM, Alex Barth <alex at developmentseed.org>wrote:

> This may have come up before, but http://integrationservic.es/drupal.php
> launched on Nov 12 and appears to be violating drupal's GPL2 by charging 33
> $ for a module download:
>
> http://drupal.org/node/229996#comment-2210628
>
> http://integrationservic.es/drupal.php
>
> http://twitter.com/cc_php/status/5654452582
>
> Is this
>
> a) A violation of of drupal's GPL 2? (In my understanding very clearly so)
> b) What are the proper steps to be taken to get this code taken down or
> published?
>
> Alex Barth
> http://www.developmentseed.org/blog
> tel (202) 250-3633

I believe they're only in violation if they don't offer their source code
with a GPL license after you buy it. I don't think charging $33 for a
download would be a violation.

I can't see anything about the license terms on their site, but if they
aren't distributing their module under the GPL, then in that case I think it
would be a violation.

- Scott