[development] Drupal way of doing onchange

Scott Reynen scott at makedatamakesense.com
Sun Nov 22 22:32:38 UTC 2009

On Nov 22, 2009, at 2:25 PM, Greg Holsclaw wrote:

> Of course, from a JavaScript purists mindset, you should attach all
> the
> event handlings later, but that is a completely different topic.

I'll bite.  One might argue that inline JS violates Drupal coding
standards:

http://drupal.org/node/172169#jscodeplacement

That could be read with a more narrow meaning (i.e. event function
bindings are okay, nothing else), but is there any actual benefit to
doing inline JS?  It's not as if it's more difficult to select an
element and apply an event handler in jQuery.

$('#edit-cc').change(some_js_funtion);

Doing things the "purist" (right) way seems to be both easier and
better for modularity, so why not do it?

--
Scott Reynen
MakeDataMakeSense.com