[development] Ctools form wizard

Dipen dipench at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 07:52:19 UTC 2009

Hi list,

 Can I mix system form with a custom form in ctools form wizard, I wish to
create a wizard containing 1 node add form and 2 custom forms. I have
briefly looked at advanced help of form wizard and I think there would be
problem in dealing with _submit of node add form in module space. Has anyone
encountered this before? I am trying to create multistep form with 1 node
add form and 2 custom forms and ctools looks like the cleanest way but not
sure how would I get around the _submit handler problem for node add form.

>From ctools help:

" The primary difference between these forms and a normal Drupal form is
that the submit handler should not save any data. Instead, it should make
any changes to a cached object (usually placed on the $form_state) and only
the _finish or _return handler should actually save any real data. "

Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks
Dipen