[development] Consolidating duplicate contrib modules for D7

Andrew Berry andrewberry at sentex.net
Mon Nov 30 20:22:55 UTC 2009

On 2009-11-30, at 2:44 PM, Brian Vuyk wrote:

> Node Access: http://drupal.org/project/node_access
> Nodeaccess: http://drupal.org/project/nodeaccess

IMO there should be a CVS policy disallowing namespaces to be differentiated with dashes, underscores, spaces, and so on. This is a perfect example of the confusion this can cause.

> is it worth starting something along the lines of #D7CX to consolidate the dupes in the name of a better user experience?

I think that if this is something you want to do, you should try and find some of the more popular maintained modules and try to get one or two sets of projects on board. Once there are a few big projects starting down this path, I think it would really help to encourage the smaller projects to work together.

--Andrew