[development] Xpath query for class matching

Domenic Santangelo domenic at workhabit.com
Fri Oct 2 20:52:59 UTC 2009

nitin gupta wrote:
> Thanks for your help. but this query will probably select "abcfooxyz"
> as well when "foo" is supplied. (untested), although it
> will definitely select "foo" in "foo bar" (tested)
>
> $xpath->query("//div[contains(@class, '" . $class . "')]")
>
> How can we be more specific?
Try this example:
http://westhoffswelt.de/blog/0036_xpath_to_select_html_by_class.html

> downloads images from external websites. Now sometimes the url I parse
> has spaces, so I am unable to decide whether or not  to percentage
> encode the URL, because percentage encoding will make this URL valid
> but will break the following URL:
> http://www.google.com/search?q=hello
> by converting it to
> http://www.google.com/search?q%3Dhello
"q=hello" is a query string, not strictly part of the path. I would
strip the url to its component parts (parse_url) and encode the path,
then re-append the query string.

http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.parse-url.php
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1738.html

HTH,