[development] Developing for Drupal 7

T L tloud365 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 00:39:10 UTC 2009

Hey James,

Do you already have an instance of apache running?  OSX ships with apache, I
think you can turn it on accidentally by enabling web sharing or something
along those lines--sorry I don't have 10.6.  All apache installations run on
port 80 by default, and you can get a slightly cryptic error similar to what
you are seeing (not rocking damp here so I am only guessing).

As far as damp vs xampp, I'm sure damp is a great product and probably has
some nice drupal integrations.  You can run drupal on any stack tho--I've
had good success setting people up with MAMP.  So trying another stack may
resolve things or at least help you figure out if your issues are
application specific.

Debuggers can be a little tricky--there's a nice vim php debugger guide you
can easily google for.  I wouldn't recommend the vim route if you aren't
already familiar with vim tho.  Other than that, I believe eclipse has
support for debugging integration.

Best,
Tim

Tim Loudon