[development] Convention for naming contrib hooks?

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Fri Oct 16 18:05:39 UTC 2009

arthur wrote:
> Do people feel like we're moving toward consensus that the contrib hook
> standard ought to be hook_module_name_foo_bar()?

That would be a good start.

> Secondly, do we want to identify a doxygen tag so that we can put
> together a list of contrib hooks?

Let's first at least say that module developers whose modules use
module_invoke or module_invoke_all to invoke a hook ought to document
the hook in the first place. My non-scientific sample* of a few found
zero that did.

* Go to drupalcontrib.org, find the module_invoke or module_invoke_all
function, and click through to some of the functions in contrib that
call those two functions. Then search for the name of the implied
hook. Find nothing. Of course, maybe drupalcontrib.org is not indexing
*.api.php files, or I'm missing something?

    --Jennifer

--
Jennifer Hodgdon * Poplar ProductivityWare
www.poplarware.com