[development] Developing for Drupal 7

James Benstead james.benstead at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 14:10:33 UTC 2009

Hi Justin,

I have considered this - I saw it set up on someone's laptop at DrupalCon
Paris and it seemed like a great idea, not least because it allowed for
website testing in multiple virtualised platforms.

I guess what I'd like to do is set up Ubuntu Server in Virtualbox, set up
Drupal on that server, and then access it both from the native Mac
environment, Windows 7 running on Virtualbox and Windows XP running on
Parallels. I'm cool with setting up the virtual machines and there are
doubtless loads of good tutorials on how to set up D7 on Ubuntu Server. It
would be great to get some help - or pointers to good tutorials - on how to
interconnect the Virtualbox VM with both the native Mac OS X and the
virtualised Windows installations, so that the Ubuntu Server VM looks like a
server from those platforms - i.e., so I can access it via an IP address in
a browser, and connect to it via SSH, FTP etc. Any help you can give on this
would be great.

Thanks!

--Jim