[development] Developing for Drupal 7

Greg Knaddison Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Sat Oct 17 14:28:21 UTC 2009

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 8:10 AM, James Benstead
<james.benstead at gmail.com> wrote:
> I guess what I'd like to do is set up Ubuntu Server in Virtualbox, set up
> Drupal on that server, and then access it both from the native Mac
> environment, Windows 7 running on Virtualbox and Windows XP running on
> Parallels. I'm cool with setting up the virtual machines and there are
> doubtless loads of good tutorials on how to set up D7 on Ubuntu Server. It
> would be great to get some help - or pointers to good tutorials - on how to
> interconnect the Virtualbox VM with both the native Mac OS X and the
> virtualised Windows installations, so that the Ubuntu Server VM looks like a
> server from those platforms - i.e., so I can access it via an IP address in
> a browser, and connect to it via SSH, FTP etc. Any help you can give on this
> would be great.

Can I suggest http://crackingdrupal.com/blog/greggles/easier-and-safer-drupal-development-virtualbox-virtualization
:)

It doesn't address how to setup the connection between the Windows
guest and the Linux guest, but that should be fairly straightforward -
it's the same as connecting from the host Mac to the guest Linux.

Regards,
Greg

--
Greg Knaddison | 303-800-5623 | http://growingventuresolutions.com
Cracking Drupal - Learn to protect your Drupal site from hackers