[development] Distributed Pairprogramming for Drupal

Eike Starkmann eike.starkmann at fu-berlin.de
Mon Oct 19 10:45:59 UTC 2009

Vladimir Zlatanov wrote:
> The tool is usable, in some limited fashion - project teams etc... It is
> not a Drupal tool - there is no such beast - drupal is the tool itself.
>
> Having said that the irc paste combo is used exactly in the manner you
> suggest. Not just by the drupal crowd, but by most projects I've
> touched.

That's a good point. So there is a need for collaborate editing or lets
say realtime collaborate working, which is often done using irc, but I
think that this way of collaboration can be improved.
> Is there space for this tool - yes. Is it big? No. Until you can
> collaborate with others - eclipse, emacs, textmate, put your favourite
> environment, it is not going to be attractive. People don't like to be
> dependent on a specific platform. Everyone has their own.

So you think nobody would change their favourite environment to eclipse
 just because working together with Saros? That might be true, but what
about doing reviews, you just have to use eclipse to do pair reviews,
you don't have to switch to eclipse totally, you can keep on developing
with what ever you want.

Greets, Eike

--
Eike Starkmann
This message is part of my Master thesis research. Feel free to contact
christopher.oezbek at fu-berlin.de and stephan.salinger at fu-berlin.de