[development] Page-flip Module?

David Sterratt dtq at f2s.com
Wed Oct 28 23:25:58 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-10-26 at 20:54 -0700, Emma Irwin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking at a way to convert PDF documents to a page-flip style of
> display.  I've spent a bunch of time looking at this.

> I am leaning towards writing a Drupal module with #1 (open source),
> but wondering if there were  any other mummerings in the community
> about page flip ?  Any advice or pointers that might help me focus on
> what has been done and what needs to be done.

Once the patch to imageapi_imagemagick module at
http://drupal.org/node/269329
is reviewed and committed, the work done on incorporating imagecache
into D7 means that D7 will have the ability to convert the first page of
a PDF document to an image format. Perhaps it would be possible to
modify imageapi_imagemagick to produce multiple pages - but I don't know
how that would link up with the new image system in core.

David.