[development] Accommodating a second base_url

Jeff Greenberg jeff at ayendesigns.com
Thu Oct 29 22:54:46 UTC 2009

I'm working on a site that can be invoked via two different url's
(mapped to the same directory). The requested url will dictate what top
banner the site uses. Also, because there are likely many places in the
site that $base_url is used, and the url appearing throughout the
session should be that which was initially used, I will need to alter
$base_url.

So, I'm thinking I should just hook_init, and based on the http request,
alter $base_url if needed, and do a variable_set that I later retrieve
in the theme to alter (or not) the background-image used as the top
banner. Is this the best approach?

Jeff