[development] Core bug-fixing advice & a roadblock

Matt Chapman matt at ninjitsuweb.com
Fri Oct 30 19:46:10 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I've got a new project with a flexible timeline and I've got approval to
develop on Drupal 7, and launch on a beta release, if necessary.

So, I'm basically being paid to spend as much time as I want fixing bugs in
D7. This is pretty exciting for me; something I've wanted for a while. If
any one has advice on how to maximize this window of opportunity, let me
know.

So I've spent the last 2 days finding and fixing some low hanging fruit. (
http://drupal.org/project/issues/user/143172?text=&projects=Drupal&status=8&priorities=All&categories=All)

I've also been studying the Field API, and I've run into a bug with
field_access() that has me stumped.

http://drupal.org/node/619230

Can someone with Field API expertise take a look and give me a little more
guidance on how to make some progress here?

Thanks,

Matt