[development] Shortening file names downloaded from webpage

Frederik Grunta fgrunta at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 11:27:15 UTC 2009

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I doubt it.

I just wrote up a quick script on my PC that MD5's 1000 40 character strings
- it executes in 0.00061 seconds. I need to do about 2 million until the
script hits the one second mark.

Unless you are processing an extremely large amount of images, I would say
the overhead of calling md5() can be ignored.

- Frederik