[development] Making your data act like a field

Nancy Wichmann nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Wed Sep 16 14:03:01 UTC 2009

After reading Eaton's well-written article
http://www.lullabot.com/articles/great-pretender-making-your-data-act-field,
I tried this in a module I work on. The fields are definitely showing on
"Manage fields" in CCK.

However, those added fields do not seem to be available to Views. One of the
reasons why I am really interested in making this change is so that
something like Node Export can see these fields automatically. What more
needs to be done to the suggested code to have CCK reflect these fields to
other modules?

Nancy E. Wichmann, PMP

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. -- Dr. Martin L. King,
Jr.