[development] Additional user account field

Scott Reynen scott at makedatamakesense.com
Thu Sep 24 13:08:58 UTC 2009

On Sep 24, 2009, at 5:28 AM, Dayton Perkins wrote:

> If the whole thing should be tossed, and go with multi-step
> submissions, please point me the right way on that.

That's certainly a more accessible option.  Your current method simply
won't work at all for anyone browsing without JavaScript enabled.
While that's usually a small minority, it will be incredibly annoying
for them to get validation failures on form elements they can't
possibly change.  How many campuses are in your list?  You may be able
to make it both accessible and a more responsive UX by loading the
entire list in the form with markup (e.g. class) references to the
relevant states, and then hiding the irrelevant options with JS as a
state is selected.  If that's too many campuses to load up front, I'd
go with a multi-step form.

--
Scott Reynen
MakeDataMakeSense.com