[development] [work] Re: Additional user account field

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Sep 24 18:29:34 UTC 2009

Quoting Dayton Perkins <perkinsd at chartermi.net>:

> Thanks, Earnie. Although pretty new to it, I am dedicated to Drupal. I
> actually already wrote JavaScript as I felt a list would be better than
> using autocomplete.
> Can you clue me quickly as to adding the tab to /user? I have no problem
> creating the form as I have done this a few times.

Search for MENU_LOCAL_TASK.  You use hook_menu to return an item you
want to add to the path with a MENU_LOCAL_TASK and it becomes
available as a tab on the main page.  You may have to use
hook_menu_alter to make the original menu entry a
MENU_DEFAULT_LOCAL_TASK.

--
Earnie
-- http://r-feed.com/           -- http://for-my-kids.com/