[development] What is the best web server to host drupal (like Apache, Apache Tomcat, etc) as far as performance, security?

Victor Kane victorkane at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 19:33:46 UTC 2010

For different kinds of sites, I use different providers.

0. Linode rocks, rocks, rocks. I have used it for three years and never had
a problem. Of course, as pointed out in this thread, it's a strictly DIY
approach, so someone who knows what they are doing has to participate in the
process.

Interesting alternatives are:

1. Liquid Web VPS
This gives a great managed alternative on CentOS, great service, a VPS with
CPanel and WHS

2. Funnily enough, Site5... It was great 3 years ago, horrible up to 12
months ago, but since it has been on Planet, I have found that a Reseller
account has rocked for simple shared-hosting kinds of sites. I recently
created a site for a friend, and I could install drush and have full ssh
access, and everything just worked, with decent performance.

Victor Kane
http://awebfactory.com.ar
http://projectflowandtracker.com