[development] Merging view and edit tabs.

Anth malkouna at yahoo.com.au
Thu Apr 15 05:28:57 UTC 2010

Hi,

I asked this on the support list, but maybe it's more appropriate on the
dev list.  I've tried to load the view using node_view (the idea being
I'd put the resulting html snippet in something like #description or
define a field for it to display) but CCK is complaining with the error
below.  Working through it now, but wondering if anyone has any better
ideas to achieve what I want?

warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in
E:\websites\timesheet\sites\all\modules\cck\content.module on line 1284.

I was wondering if there was an easy way to get the view and edit
details onto the one tab?  I have a content type created with CCK and
I'm using CCK content permissions to set field level permissions on the
fields so that role_1 can enter data and role_2 can view the data and
then approve/decline it using another CCK field that role_1 cannot see
or edit.  The problem I have is that when the user of role_2 looks at
the node the view fields are on the view tab and the approve field is
all on its own on the edit tab.  I would like to have both on the same
screen so that role_2 can see what they're approving without having to
navigate between the two tabs.  Any ideas on doing this in an elegant way?

Regards,
Anthony.