[development] D6 Content Migration to another D6 Installation

Phil Glanville PGlanville at kitcattnohr.com
Thu Aug 5 18:16:46 UTC 2010

Hi all.

We are struggling here with Drupal migration. We have two installations and would like to migrate *all* content (nodes and uploaded images) from one to the other. Just content not settings. Both installs have the same Modules present.

We've looked in to "Migrate" which seems overkill (in terms of customisation and setup) and have researched "Node Export" and "Node Import" (neither or which seem to be a complete solution). "Transformations" sounds good but again seems to be more code based rather than GUI.

Is there an easier / more logical way? For instance, would it (in theory) be possible to copy just 'node' or content specific db tables without causing serious problems?

Thanks for any help,

Phil.

Printing this email? If you are planning to print this email please consider the environment before doing so, and whether you can print only the parts you really need.

This email and any attachment(s) may be confidential and may be legally privileged. Any opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the company. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately; delete it and do not disclose, distribute, copy, use or act upon it.

Warnings: We may monitor incoming and outgoing emails as permitted by law. While we take precautions to prevent viruses being transmitted by email you should make your own checks.

This message has been scanned for Kitcatt Nohr Alexander Shaw Ltd. (Registered in England Company No 4342369) by MailController.
www.mailcontroller.co.uk